Yaaayyyyyy first everrr award. *tears of joy*
Thanks to Riya, who nominated me for this award. Go check out her blog and the amazing stuffs she posts. Thank me later!
[Edit: Potter and Beyond nominated me too for the award just an hour after this post, without the knowledge that I had already put up this post :’)
Edit 2: Ashutosh Gursale too nominated me for this award on 04/04/17]
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story about how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
My Blog Story:
Writing has always been my passion. Okay, so, maybe I don’t write amazing deep stuffs like so many other. Maybe, I cannot twist and turn my words and make them sound like a poetry or song. But that didn’t make me love writing any less. So, creating a blog was always in the back of my mind. Since years! I wasn’t sure because I was kind of afraid if I wouldn’t get any response plus I’m lazy AF. When we were in class 12, my friend, Anushka, pestered me so much to create a blog because she wanted to and she needed some company. However, I didn’t. So, last year, she went on and created her blog. And I think that was the catalyst behind me creating my blog. Finally a few months later, I created mine too. However, it stayed dormant like that for a long time. It’s only last month on the 17th of February, I wrote my first post on my blog. So, yes, basically, I’m less than a month old. And so far, I’m loving the experience. There are some amazing people out here, always ready to encourage, comment and give constructive feedback. I’m so glad I made this blog. I didn’t think I’d ever have such a supportive community behind me to help me improve my writing.
Advice to new bloggers:
I don’t think I’m eligible to give advice to new bloggers. How old am I? A month old? However, following the rules, I’ll say whatever I didn’t know before but learnt in this one month.
- Be honest and try out stuffs: So, you are not sure about your new writing. You’re not sure if it’s good enough. So, you don’t want to post. I say, do it! Because your blog is your space to explore and learn and know. Be honest to yourself and write (or draw or whatever you post about) what you want to not what you think people will prefer. Try out new things, try out things you’re not sure of. And I assure you, you’ll be more sure than you were before posting it.
- Read as much as you write: I know most of us create a blog to write and post stuffs. So, do that. But read too. There so many amazing bloggers here. Read their amazing posts. That will not only be a nice refreshment but also, that will improve your writings too.
- Make friends: This one is the easiest. Talk to people, go to their blogs and comment.Make friends! I know I made a few in just a month (for an introvert, that’s a lot).
- Beads on a String
- Open the Shutters
- Potter and beyond
- Wordland Voyage
- Bilingual vegetable
- Marie Christine
I nominated only 10 blogs, so far. There are some more amazing blogs I know but I can’t find them right now.